Frequently asked questions
Everything you really need to know about our services
- As a shipper what am i required to do?
- Provide a document, paper or electronic, signed by you the shipper tothe shipping line declaring that you can verify the weight and that it was weighed using one of the two methods allowed.
- As a shipper, what are my two methods of acquiring VGM?
Method 1: Take a loaded container over a weighbridge then subtract all weight not associated with the container (i.e. the weight of the truck, chassis, driver and fuel) to get the weight of the packed container.
Method 2: Add the weight of the container and all other items/cargo that are loaded into the container - including its packaging, palleting, dunnage and all otherpacking and securing materials.
- When does the new VGM regulations take place?
- The new regulations is effective from July 1st , 2016.